From Thursday 5 November, everyone must stay at home, and may leave only for a limited set of reasons.
- For education
- For work, if you cannot work from home
- For exercise and recreation outdoors, with your household, support bubble or on your own with one person from another household
- For all medical reasons, appointments and to escape injury or harm
- To shop for food and essentials
- And to provide care for vulnerable people, or as a volunteer
Non-essential shops, leisure and entertainment venues will be closed.
Click and collect services can continue and essential shops, including supermarkets, will remain open.
Pubs, bars, restaurants must close, except for takeaway and delivery services.
The Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme, known as the furlough scheme, will remain open until December, with employees receiving 80% of their current salary for hours not worked, up to a maximum of £2,500.
Details of the extended furlough scheme and other economic support, can be found online.
Housing Secretary Robert Jenrick confirmed that moving house will still be allowed during the restrictions, adding that removal firms, estate agents and tradespeople can continue to work but must follow Covid safety guidelines.
Posted in: DCC Homepage